New ship has arrived - with the very same pirates again :(((

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gantorak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Still no Blackbeard, but I got this on my two accounts.
    [​IMG]

SaK likes this.
  2. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Considering there's only 1 (Ching) that hasn't made its way to everyone, its kind of expected we will get the same ones again at this point... Especially considering those pirates came early on when everyone might not have upgraded their fort. Those are the exact same pirates I got today, and I needed both of them. I actually don't remember ever seeing Blackbeard to my island, but I'm sure I didn't remember cause I didn't even have Fort slots for him...

Yes. It's unfortunate we all didn't get Ching. Life goes on.

(This reply was moved from a deleted thread...)

3. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Yes, life goes on. But I may not be continuing my life as a plunder pirate. It may be time to retire. I don't play games and pay money to be frustrated.

cmooneey likes this.
  4. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

BB was not the fixed pirate of week 5. so there are many players with still only 4. a guild member today got mack and romeo FOR THE 3RD TIME. WTF MIDOKI

Christy and Pirate Christian like this.
  5. Pirate Christian

Midoki's Attitude: We never promised that every one will be able to equally acquire certain legendary pirates (i.e. Blackbeard and Ching Shih). Each week you will randomly be given an opportunity to have a chance to acquire certain LPs.

My Attitude: I never promised to play your game or buy your gems so I think it is time to randomly find another game to play and give a different software developer a chance to EARN my dollars.

FYI, earning my dollars requires a developer to create a game I enjoy rather than one that frustrates me week after week.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    SaK likes this.
  6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

The problem I have is that BB still hasn't been the fixed Pirate, so most likely he will be the fixed one next week, meaning some of us will be waiting another 2 weeks to get Ching, that's just stupid, and you can bet your last dollar that Ching won't be the fixed pirate next week. Why you might ask, well putting her as the fixed pirate would be the right thing to do, & as we can see that's exactly what Midoki didn't do, so you can bet that BB will be the fixed LP next week. Because players aren't annoyed enough, they need to be close to pulling their hair out, I think that's the plan.

SaK and cmooneey like this.
  7. Pirate Christian

I will not purchase anymore gems until Midoki eliminates the randomness of their LP releases.

It is beyond absurd that Midoki has chosen to frustrate loyal and long standing players week after week by sending the trade ship with LPs that they already have recruited while other players have no problem recruiting the LPs as they are released.

The inequities and frustrations created by this random and capricious system are absurd for a GAME developer to be implementing.

Games are for fun and enjoyment NOT for frustration week after week.

Join me in a Gem Purchasing Mutiny until Midoki eliminates this absurd and frustrating LP system.

Tex likes this.
  8. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I'm going to play the game, as is, and not feel entitled.

I'm not trying to be rude, but Ching was released TODAY and you are talking about a boycott because the lottery system in place didn't award her to you the first chance? That's not rational.

9. Pirate Christian

I will not spend another dime on purchasing gems until Midoki stops sending me trade ships with the LPs that I have already recruited.

10. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I find the LPs more of an annoyance than a help, except for Ching if she is anything like she was before. I loathe the sailing for materials when half the time the ship comes back with squat. Would have been fine if sailing for them from the beginning. I don't mind them coming randomly, but I agree the ship coming in with the same pirates week after week blows.

pkrhett and Tex like this.
  11. Pirate Christian

What is not rational is for Midoki to put a lottery system in place that statistically guarantees that some players are going to be frustrated week after week after week and not have the ability to enjoy the perks and benefits that other players are enjoying.

Tex likes this.
  12. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

It's like a slap in the face week after week... I FINALLY got Blackbeard this week with Mack... WHY!? on the celebration of people sticking with the game would you not set it up so EVERYONE gets the fan favorite Ching? I've all but given up on the legendary pirates... searching through bases you see that people aren't even upgrading or using them even for defense, mostly level 3 legends with abandoned bases. Not only that but you give us half priced (GEMS) chests... however because the idea is to eventually this year maybe have 12 new pirates I'm sure some of us have been holding on to certain items. SOOOO now my silo is full and the half priced present you give me for staying with the game is invalid (I know I can save them for later use). On top of all of this the only in game communication is to make sure your silo is upgraded so you don't run out of space... SERIOUSLY?! Now we have people in top guilds that have been pumping money into Midoki's pockets for the past year becoming inactive... people that have maxed bases. You can't have a max base at this point unless you gem like crazy.

Do you guys looks at trends in gem usage through out the game? Do you look at how the gems are being used? Do attacks drop dramtically on Friday because people feel like they're getting insulted? Sad on my part but every Friday I wake up like its Christmas expecting to get something worth while in my stocking from Midoki... come to find you sent me or someone else in our guild the same pirates AGAIN!! I put my phone away and go on with my normal day. Had I woke up today and had Ching I would be battling like crazy probably gemming her upgrades and using the 50+ golden idols I have for her.

If you look at Twitter Midoki has been referring all battle related questions to the Slack community... have you folks been watching that chat? It is becoming nothing but hate for the game because anyone that CARES and puts money into the game is being pushed to their breaking point. How long will it take? Another 2 weeks before people really get irritated and actually leave? My guess would be the next "update" would be next level of silo and fort with the ability to if you're LUCKY get the next 6 pirates. SOOO maybe in like a month and half we might get a map update? Thats too little too late.

PLEASE Midoki hear our pleas and help this game before its too late...

pkrhett, Christy, SaK and 1 other person like this.
  13. Pirate Christian

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I am DONE being slapped in the face week after week!

The Midoki Exec who made the decision to NOT make Ching Shih the fixed pirate on the anniversary of the global launch of the game should be fired!!

pkrhett, SaK and cmooneey like this.
  14. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Twitter and forums are always full of complaints. People go out of their way to announce when something isn't to their liking. Very few speak when they are happy. That's how it is.

I have some $ invested in Gems. Not a ton but more than I'd ever expected to pay for IAP's for a mobile game. I still find the game enjoyable. I don't think Legendary Pirates are a waste or terribly frustrating.

My only complaint is how slow the game has become. I simply didn't expect that when I started. I enjoy sitting and playing a game for 30-69 minutes and it has become not that type of game. It is what it is. I accept that.

Still generally enjoying the game and I enjoy what LP add to it. Just posting a positive bit of feedback...

15. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

@TBaggins Slack is an online global chat of most of the people that make up the top players in the game... normally it's a place where they pool ideas and converse about the game... now it has become a place to vent.

I am approaching my 1 year with the game and I DO love playing the game... however the positive and negative feedback that is given seems to never make to anyone at Midoki.

About maybe 3 months ago Midoki set up a chat for the Captains of any guild that wanted to participate. This chat was to discuss with the players what the problems were and where they were planning to head with the game. Maybe its time for them to do that again. No negativity, just open and honest feedback from the people that support the game daily.

All we want is to be heard... isn't that all anyone wants? We know someone from Midoki is reading these comments and I'm sure its hurts, because they've put countless hours of their life and passion into making this game. It doesn't have to be all piss and vinegar but until something is done in the favor of the supporters that is all this will become.

Christy and TBaggins like this.
  16. Pirate Christian

Dear Faithful Plunder Pirates Player,

We know that you were hoping to recruit a new LP this week (like that really awesome and powerful LP, Ching Shih. Wow! Everyone loved her back in February and have been highly anticipating her re-release). We understand that every Friday is like Christmas morning and that you wake up dreaming about filling those empty cells in your Legendary Fort with new LPs. But, you have to understand that we, the executives at Midoki, made the decision to implement a lottery system for the recruiting of LPs.

So, some of you will be the fortunate ones who are able to easily acquire our LPs while the rest of you will have to be slapped in the face, week after week after week after week. Don't take it personally. That's just how random chance works.

Plunder on and eventually you MIGHT (we can't guarantee it) be able to acquire other LPs for your crew.

[​IMG]

Love,

The Greedy and Stupid Executives of Midoki

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    pkrhett likes this.
  17. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

On that note, I found this game to replace Clash and a myriad of other Clash clones. Now I'm looking for the next one. Anyone found a game (that's not years old) that tired players can migrate to?

18. Pirate Christian

Dear Faithful Plunder Pirates Player,

We know that you were hoping to recruit a new LP this week (like that really awesome and powerful LP, Ching Shih. Wow! Everyone loved her back in February and have been highly anticipating her re-release). We understand that every Friday is like Christmas morning and that you wake up dreaming about filling those empty cells in your Legendary Fort with new LPs. But, you have to understand that we, the executives at Midoki, made the decision to implement a lottery system for the recruiting of LPs.

So, some of you will be the fortunate ones who are able to easily acquire our LPs while the rest of you will have to be slapped in the face, week after week after week after week. That's just how random chance works.

Plunder on and eventually you MIGHT (we can't guarantee it) be able to acquire other LPs for your crew.

[​IMG]

Love,

The Greedy and Stupid Executives of Midoki

Tex likes this.
  19. SaK

SaK First Mate

go and just try Compass Point:WEST amazing gamepaly. ull get hardly any complaints

20. SaK

SaK First Mate

couldnt phrase it any better. ur words touched me. i can feel the sam bro.

cmooneey likes this.