Plunder Pirates World Race to the Top! All Guilds Welcome, April 7-12!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arr, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Arr

Arr Captain

Captains of Plunder Pirates! This goes out to all of you!

All guilds push at different schedules, and we each have made our personal bests in accomplishing certain milestones. We've outdone each other, topped the charts in points and smacked each other silly in the process!

Since PH8 is here to stay, let's challenge each other to a fun race to the top of the Plunder Pirates world... at the same time! I propose that our guilds get together and solidify rules for a Plunder Pirates World Race to the Top!

It takes a long time to push and it takes a lot out (of most) of the guilds. So let's agree to some ground rules - the most important being the end date and time! Whatever the numbers are on the *official* guild leaderboard refresh on said end date are the numbers - we screenshot that and congratulate each other on a job well done.

@Tuckyno created a wonderful video on the event, check it out!

Here are the times!

Start
    New Zealand - Wednesday, April 8th, 12:00 AM (GMT +13)
    Italy - Tuesday, April 7th, 12:00 PM (GMT +1)
    UK - Tuesday, April 7th, 11:00 AM (GMT)
    US East Coast - Tuesday, April 7th, 7:00 AM (GMT -4)
    US West Coast - Tuesday, April 7th, 4:00 AM (GMT -7)
    US Hawaii - Tuesday, April 7th, 1:00 AM (GMT -10)

Finish
    New Zealand - Monday, April 13th, 2:00 PM (GMT +13)
    Italy - Monday, April 13th, 2:00 AM (GMT +1)
    UK - Sunday, April 13th, 1:00 AM (GMT)
    US East Coast - Sunday, April 12th, 9:00 PM (GMT -4)
    US West Coast - Sunday, April 12th, 6:00 PM (GMT -7)
    US Hawaii - Sunday, April 12th, 3:00 PM (GMT -10)

Ground rules:

Exact rules to be determined. Your guild should push as hard as you can and have fun doing it. Represent your guild and be proud!

Each guild is most certainly welcome to manage their roster as they see fit during this race.

My hope is that participating guilds see an influx of new membership, and guilds would come forward to represent themselves and gain visibility here on the forums and on the leaderboards. Within guilds, inactives will be cleared out to make way for eager, fresh players. During the race, we can all post our progress, poke a little fun at each other, and overall become more gelled as a PP community.

To keep in the spirit of the games, I would prefer that guilds not temporarily borrow members from other guilds to inflate their guild rank just for this event, then send them back to their original guilds afterwards. This is about your guild and pride in your crew!

I know I originally say "Race to the Top", but there's plenty of space to race! Set a Guild Rank goal or race with another similarly ranked guild. Ranking is more fun with a buddy! =)

Participating guilds:

Speak up if your guild would like to participate and we'll add your name to the list, along with a link to your recruitment thread. We're also always open to suggestions on how to improve this event, so speak freely if you have an suggestion or comment. See you at the races!

RACE RESULTS (unofficial until I confirm with RFF2):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scores below were taken a bit after 9PM so may not reflect the actual score when crossing the finish line. Officially Rapt Renegades hit GR3333! Waiting on RFF2's report of guild rank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great job, teams! Thank you for participating. It was an honor to work with all of you. Tracking guild progress throughout the event was the least I could do showcase everyone's effort. I hope you all had fun during this race. :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  2. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Great idea! How much fun and carnage can be created at 1 time! Come on lads and lasses....you know you want to!

3. Dale Thrip

Dale Thrip Powder Monkey

I'm in!!!

Skull King, Arr and JimmyM32 like this.
  4. TBird

TBird Captain

We just finished our push... So it will be a month till we try again.
    Till then if any team wants to top Red Flag Fleets score, it's 8039

Sounds fun, nearest thing till we get guild wars

Skull King likes this.
  5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Funny I just mentioned this same thing in our guild. I think it would be a blast. Our own guild wars. Because so many are still farming for ph 8 upgrades, I'd recommend an April 1 start date.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    Skull King and JimmyM32 like this.
  6. Christy

Christy Commodore

Love the idea. We are in recovery mode at the moment. It would be like our personal, friendly guild wars.

7. TBird

TBird Captain

Thinking more like April 8-12, first week in April is Easter week.... Lots of family things going that week and people on spring breaks.

8. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

I agree with @Tim Thomas , Easter week should be a no-go. Family first. But right after? Lets do it...can you imagine the frenzy of multiple guilds all pushing at the same time? Everyone prepared, on their A games? @Floki , you can even clean me with fire! lol

9. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Agreed. You'd think with my avatar I would have thought of easter. {{face palm}}

10. Floki

Floki Captain

^^When ever I look at your avatar P Daddy i'm like saying to myself stay away from the light!!
    I'm with thee above after Easter a guild war would be just delightful.:D

Christy likes this.
  11. Christy

Christy Commodore

Flooookkkiiiik Oden would not approve of you celebrating Easter o_O:D

Floki likes this.
  12. Floki

Floki Captain

Was thinking more about not wanting to chop up the Easter bunny:D

Christy likes this.
  13. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Knowing Midoki, we might just have Easter Bunnies hooping all over the island...just saying lol

Skull King and Floki like this.
  14. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

...or hopping

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm in, but we're in the 500-700th place range, so don't expect much competition anytime soon. :)

16. Floki

Floki Captain

Nothing wrong with a bit of hoola hooping I could watch lady pirates do it all day...Just saying:rolleyes:

Christy and JimmyM32 like this.
  17. Floki

Floki Captain

You need to put down the cats and get out of the nest more often and then you will be fighting with us here...Come on K!!

Kelani likes this.
  18. TBird

TBird Captain

So @Arr may we start a poll at the top with date options?
    5 day or 7 day?
    Our push proved that you can get to the top in 3 days, then the 5th day folks are going "I'm out of grog, I need to farm"
    So April 8-12 is my vote... Others may want a full 7 days.
    And start/end time? midnight Midoki Mean Time (MMT) or midnight international date line?

Sounds like fun.... Everyone get your upgrades and training done.
    Maybe @AngryBeard can find some plunder packs for the winning teams top 10 :)

19. Skull King

Skull King Crew

Love your avatar @Daddy P

20. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

we'll wait for you guys to catch up...:p

Skull King likes this.