Plunder Pirates World Race to the Top! All Guilds Welcome, April 7-12!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arr, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Skull King

Skull King Crew

i can't do do late April-early may. Will be on. Cruise starting the 25th of April.

2. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

There is no way it will work for every single player....not even a normal guild push accomplishes that! Lol lets see if we can come up with what is likely to be best for the most people.

# Johnny Doe # and Skull King like this.
  3. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

I basically agree with Jimmy. The best solution is the one that creates the fairest playing field for the largest number of people and guilds. Mid-April is too soon for non-gemmers to have the important new Academy and Voodoo Hut upgrades. But a push thats ends in the beginning of May as Tim Thomas suggested would be enough time for a critical mass of my guild members to have some of those upgrades.

4. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Also, this can be the first of more to come if it works out. My thought is sooner than later...members in our guild like to push once a month....but the consensus will rule.

5. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

Based on the excellent gem study linked in the banner of MM, I conclude you have a high number of gemmers, so I'm sure sooner would be better for your members. ;)

This isn't true in the Piggie family of guilds, and I'd like this to be as fair a fight as possible.

6. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I say just pick 5-7 days in mid-April and whoever can participate do so. We will go back and forth forever with people saying yea and nay on dates. RFF likes to push once a month too. So first week following Easter holiday makes sense to me.

JimmyM32 likes this.
  7. Arr

Arr Captain

Hi Ashraman,

We understand that players progress at their own pace, members of your guild and ours not withstanding. As Jimmy mentioned earlier, this event could be the first of many to come as we wait for the impending guild wars. And even then, this race allows everyone to participate simultaneously, like a Grand Prix of PP - not just a 1:1 match against guilds - and would still have a place in the PP world post guild wars release. Every participant may enable their own individual races and challenge each other, regardless of position on the leaderboards.

The week Post-Easter and ending on April ~12th seems to work best. As for times, I'm ok with @Tim Thomas's proposal:

Start
    New Zealand - April 8th, 12:00 AM (GMT +13)
    UK - April 7th, 11:00 AM (GMT)
    US East Coast - April 7th, 7:00 AM (GMT -4)
    US West Coast - April 7th, 4:00 AM (GMT -7)
    US Hawaii - April 7th, 1:00 AM (GMT -10)

End
    New Zealand - Monday, April 13th, 2:00 PM (GMT +13)
    UK - Sunday, April 13th, 1:00 AM (GMT)
    US East Coast - Sunday, April 12th, 9:00 PM (GMT -4)
    US West Coast - Sunday, April 12th, 6:00 PM (GMT -7)
    US Hawaii - Sunday, April 12th, 3:00 PM (GMT -10)

Lucky HI lifestyle, indeed!

What say you, everyone? I'll add more time zones and edit the OP for clarification once everything is finalized.

That leaves us about 5 weeks to gear up. Let's roll and have some fun!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Skull King and JimmyM32 like this.
  8. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

I have a really bad hang nail, so.....:p

9. Arr

Arr Captain

So you'll participate since that's your lucky hang nail! ;)

10. TBird

TBird Captain

Sounds like a plan!!!

Let's do it!!
    We can do a May one after this.... Unless guild wars is here by then :)

11. Arr

Arr Captain

Alright! I'm hoping that other guilds will come out of the woodwork and represent themselves in this event. It will be a great time to introduce yourselves to the PP universe. Don't be shy - come say hi! :)

12. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

For the reasons I've mentioned here already, I don't think we Piggies would be able to put our best hooves forward in this event, and so we'll sit this one out. We will, however, be ready to rumble with any and all of you come May. In the meantime, I wish all the participants the best of luck in the event!

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Bump Bump. Wiggle Wiggle. Shake Shake. Get excited! :)

Christy, Arr and JimmyM32 like this.
  14. JimmyM32

JimmyM32 Crew

Bump!

Arr likes this.
  15. TBird

TBird Captain

April 8th start!!!
    Everyone upgrade as fast as you can.

Arr and # Johnny Doe # like this.
  16. Arr

Arr Captain

It's the Spongee dance! Keep an eye on the first post (OP) for updates!

17. If they drop the guild ship update before this, it should get interesting!

18. Arr

Arr Captain

Definitely! Come join us!

19. See y'all up there! Bring some loot with please!

20. For those reading that need a guild change, we have one spot left. Send me a message if you are interested.