Rumble Matchmaking tweak

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Aug 26, 2015.

1. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Woe, good news for sure. Talking it over with my mates now about disbanding our mini's!

2. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

+1

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Looks like my question was answered. We have a few PH6s and were matched a guild with a PH5. Fortunately, it's not unleashing its mini powers yet, though.

4. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Hi with the recent changes and much longer wait (2 hours) today is there a possibility that you guys could create an alliance facility so we can ensure allied guilds don't match. Multi guilds try and run organised start times etc with Captains with the aim not to match each other.

Also is there any news on the much needed Quarter Master rank to allow the flexibility of other players to start the rumble rather than just the Captain. At least then if the Captain is busy or delayed in real life someone else can start etc.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Ah, but in the late hours, it did go into mini mode, and blew past us and AG. Lovely. That's 4 in a row.

I'm really glad for everyone this fix helped, but for those of us who try to be inclusive and give a few PH6 players a home, it's not been that useful.:|

6. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

If i look at in game world leaderboardour guild is ranked with 45/50 members, but we only have 10. so maybe thats the coding error. Would at keast explain why we find ourselfes in 95% of rumbles with guilds that really have 45+ members. :confused:

7. benson&silvia

benson&silvia Powder Monkey

So great to hear this good news!

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

What's your guild?

9. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] Our last match, our guild (Plank Divers - PH9 only) was matched with a single member PH6 guild. This was yesterday so the fix clearly did not guarantee this won't happen even if you wait a long time.

10. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

great news @Lynsey [Midoki]

Personally I am very happy to hear this and guild feedback so far has been very positive too. I too would like to see a in game announcement to this change or at least an addition to the Rumble FaQ as it is quite a specific rule

@Kelani bye bye Ph6 is the British Bulldogs answer to this one, they are now on a weeks notice, upgrade or join our sister guild "Mutiny Ahoy" ...........PM me if you need a home for your PH6s until they make the grade.

Kelani likes this.
  11. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

The problem with this that affects our guild is that we recruit all ph levels, we aim for higher, but are open for all, but expect a certain amount of BP from all, no matter the PH. However, the lower level PH should be scoring more as there troops take less time, and after looking at this tweak, we are being a bit strict and only letting the active and high-scoring small PHs stick around. That's because we want to minimize their quantity so we get matched with fair guilds that enjoy fair rumbling as much as we do. The quicker all the guilds can maybe send lower level PHs to sister guilds/farming guilds/ resting guilds/ or other branches of the family, rumble waiting times should be speeding up for all.

12. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

Is the rumble leader board just cumulative battle points acquired in rumbles?

13. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

The rumble leaderboard is the score of your most recent finished rumble.

14. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

Gotcha, thank you.

15. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

No problem. That's why it's so hard to have a guild stay in the top 25 in rumble scores for an extended period of time. The guild would have to be scoring about 10 000 bp every rumble to stay near the top. The rumble score lasts till the next rumble you have is over. Then it updates based on the score of that rumble. Which means a guild can score 15 000 BP one rumble and maybe score 4000 the next and take it easy and fall out of the top 100 completely. You have to be a strong rumbling guild that's consistent if you want to stick around near the top.

16. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

We (TheDeathShadow) were ranked second for a while after scoring 20 000 in a hard rumble but then had an easier rumble the next time around and scored about 7000 as it was an easy win. That caused us to go from #2 to somewhere in top 50, I think. I like to think of the leaderboard as a resource open to all to see how other guilds are doing and keeping pace and challenging yourself and the guild to achieve the best score you possibly can. Now we actually know how often other guilds score high and how much we need to beat them. Helps me get a better idea of exactly what type of competition we have.

17. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

I wonder how much minis influence the scores up to now. It will be interesting to see how the scores change if minis become less popular or maybe just unviable.

18. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

There's no way currently to stop minis. Just that guilds want good rumbles, fair ones, and ones they can win without being a one sided matchup. Some fair competition. Getting rid of them is the best way to go about it.

19. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

After reading the forums a bit, everyone seems to say PH6 is the PH level that is not considered a mini? Anything under is?

20. rhorun

rhorun Crew

We just matched after a long wait and we have matched a guild with minis despite the lowest guild member being Ph7 so a bit disappointing..

I'm also wondering why when I ask questions they don't get answered just feel ignored....