Rumble Rival Matchmaking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Fish Eyed Pirate, May 21, 2015.

1. Tex

Tex Commodore

Hey what's the problem? Those lesser guilds can fight over the scraps by coming in 2nd or 3rd. :D

2. Tex

Tex Commodore

Took a snapshot of our first rumble. Anyone wanna place bets on the little guy? Lolz

[​IMG]

Siren1873 likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Every captain does pay their own way.

Christy likes this.
  4. Christy

Christy Commodore

Thanks @Bear I guess I misunderstood.

Bear likes this.
  5. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I feel dirty and I promise I won't do it again but this is what we're matched up with:
    [​IMG]

My PR was 758 at the time of that attack so it's not like I'm gaming the system with rank deflation...
    Our guild is stomping everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, easy rewards are great but those poor other guys...

6. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Hey what? @Gangrene Beard made me pay for our first one!

ElGordo and Bear like this.
  7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Sign of a good leader. Umm... Delegation

8. Christy

Christy Commodore

I'll be taking up a collection for gems soon :) joke :)

Siren1873 likes this.
  9. Skye

Skye Commodore

As of right now, you can find any player you're rumbling against regardless of PR difference. I'm 825 and finding PR200 PH 6-7s that we're rivaling. This is easy grog off a 7 gem brute/gunner army.

Now imagine one of those "forfeit to me to push me up the leaderboard" mechanic exploiting players. They might be ph8, but they can join a guild with everyone else ph 6-7, gem a ton of easy grog off low ranked easy bases, and ride up the leaderboard even easier. Since the average PH level and PR level will still be really low, it won't really sway matchmaking that much. EDIT: Even if you do tweak the parameters - as right now those things also don't seem to matter that much either.

I'm not complaining, since I also like the easy grog, and if we lose a fight its -24pr to +0 for winning (although if we couldn't 1* a ph6 at pr800, we don't deserve it). But I can see this being exploited horribly. I'm sure Midoki is watching and will tweak if this becomes an issue, but I just want to call attention to the issue before it gets out of hand.

10. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

I just think there shouldn't be any case where a PH1 PR1 base is presented to a PH8 PR700-800.

Skye likes this.
  11. Resarf

Resarf Captain

1. Guilds in rumble should be similar rank
    2. I should be able to find any member from the rubmble guilds.
    3. Rank is unimportant, see 1.

Raptelan likes this.
  12. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Here's a novel idea, make a (maybe not necessarily visible) "real" guild rank made up of each member's highest ever rank and use that for match making.
    Nearly everyone has at some stage seen just how high they can make it up the ranks and it's a truer than any other way I can think of method of gauging skill (instead of just current rank or PH level).

the Hornet likes this.
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

the issue from this is
    1) top leaderboard member joins guild full of rank 100 ph7 bases
    2) guild rank is relatively low on average
    3) guild matches up against other low ranked guild full of ph7
    4) leaderboard member farms low members of other guilds for easy large grog hauls using 7 gem cheap armies, not caring about actual rumble results (although still likely winning it)
    5) leaderboard member spends easy grog to train really expensive armies and gets unfair advantage on the leaderboard

This is essentially exploitable as a method for pr 800+ to farm pr 200 they normally couldn't be matched with.

14. Siren1873

Siren1873 Powder Monkey

Actually, that would be a good idea to be able to donate gems for the guild rumble. You captains shouldn't have to be the only ones to spend your gems on a rumble. Something for Midoki to consider.
    We all had a blast on our first rumble. It was close. We ended up in second.

Christy likes this.
  15. mejsric

mejsric Powder Monkey

those low level can actually win.. if they use gems.. and attack every minutes.. even 1 person can win.. just buy gems.. more gems..

16. Christy

Christy Commodore

I can't understand why the guilds with one or two members in them with high level bases are not just joining more populated guilds. Even just to be able to have the guild perks.

17. awbo

awbo Captain

They want to be captain ;)

18. Ian

Ian Commodore

And their only 1st Mate is probably their 2nd account used to donate troops for the Guild Ship..

Christy likes this.
  19. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

[​IMG]
    Seems legit. Lol.
    In addition to the pitiful guild ranks and guild sizes we're against, looking into them all show that nearly everyone is PH4 or below. Meanwhile Aussie is PH8 for all our members save for 1-2 guys.

20. Christy

Christy Commodore

Captain of one :) sounds like a tough job :) must stink not having the guild perks. Especially the pirate catcher :eek:

Skye likes this.