Rumble Rival Matchmaking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Fish Eyed Pirate, May 21, 2015.

1. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Buying popcorn......

2. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

So - how much longer will we be waiting for an update to let First Mates start rumble? Not that I don't love the captain perks...but you know, sometimes there is sleep.

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Not the update coming up but potentially the one after (as we're creating a new rank to go between captain and first mate).

4. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Latest rumble is the biggest joke yet. Three guilds with a combined total member count of 6. Yes 6 between three guilds, and not a single PH8 or PH7 anywhere, and we are a ranked guild of PH8 and Academy 7 only. Rewards are awful too, with only 300k In grog. Total waste of time.

So @Lynsey [Midoki] if rumble matchmaking was improved, then what happened? My guess is that not that many guilds are rumbling anymore.

5. Christy

Christy Commodore

Will this be a position for one member only? Or can it be assigned to a few? Or is it a secret :)

TBird likes this.
  6. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

We are right there with you Rogue--I'd almost rather abort the rumble and try again. Can that be added in? I'll spend another 5 gems to get a non sucky rumble...

7. the Hornet

the Hornet Powder Monkey

I think this is a brilliant idea.

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Nope, still a hell of a lot of Rumbles going on, but as I've said previously, the matching algorithm is complex and the various parts of it have their weighting changed very gradually so that we can monitor the analytics and respond accordingly.

Bear likes this.
  9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Limited number, but more than one. Captains can obviously limit it to one if they wish.

10. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Nothing brilliant. Any try to match guilds for fit rank will result lots of waiting (maybe even hours for top guilds) to get guilds together. Matchup must be as fast as possible.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  11. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Then simply put; your matching algorithm doesn't work.

Raptelan likes this.
  12. hidyhorum

hidyhorum Crew

I disagree. Drastic changes and people will go nuts.

13. Saw earlier post suggesting bigger, more active guilds try to sync rumble start times for better matches. Assuming no quick and easy fix from Midoki, this sounds like best solution so far. Now just need captains of those guilds to come together and agree on compatible day and time.

14. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Hello everyone..... Come sign your guild up for this Fridays Rumble challenge. Looking to get the top guilds in the game to match up for one epic rumble. The more guilds the better our chances of matching up. Show some guild pride and join the battle.

Regards
    APES

Oak Doak and hidyhorum like this.
  15. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

What time shall we declare Friday?

16. -APES-

-APES- First Mate

Hey Donkeykilla..... I'm thinking 8am Eastern Time Zone but still need to confirm "Maybe by PM". Spongee has a thread under RUMBLE CHALLENGE with more information posted. Would love to see Pegleg Mutiny in the mix.

17. Fil

Fil Captain

It was nice not to see any 1 member guilds in our latest rumble

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

Wow, can you shorten that signature any?

yeti, Fil and Daddy P like this.
  19. TBird

TBird Captain

Sounds like QuarterMaster.... Finally ;)

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

About damn time :D