Rumble Rival Matchmaking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Fish Eyed Pirate, May 21, 2015.

1. Fil

Fil Captain

I actually left out a few in the interest of keeping it to a minimum. You're welcome

Bear likes this.
  2. yeti

yeti Captain

Kelani likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

No change yet in rumble matchmaking...
    [​IMG]

Raptelan likes this.
  4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope, unfortunately any changes have been delayed by the recent server misbehaviour. :(

Bear likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Sad days.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

So, after bad match results last time, and the above example, I decided to delay today's 1PM EDT rumble until later.

7. ɬơཞɬųɠą

ɬơཞɬųɠą Powder Monkey

Have quite a tough rumble today, against Sinister Souls. Willy, you're a good fellow I suppose, but why do you rumble with 2nd accounts?? Fair? I don't think so.

8. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Totally fair in rumble in my opinion. He can only physically Attack with one, at least successfully.

9. ɬơཞɬųɠą

ɬơཞɬųɠą Powder Monkey

Not true, exactly. 2 Accounts means 2 devices, at least 2 Apple IDs. Not complaining bout us being 2nd in this rumble with 4k+ BP. Proud of us. But being defeated by a Top20 guild cause a PH2 player which is 14d in this Game and making 1.2k BP in 200+ Battles feels miserable... :(

10. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Yeah I totally get the Ph2-4 attacking nightmare. To equal their output mean copious time and gems. If Willy is using a PH2 account to win the rumble, well that's shameful.

When I look at the mechanics around matching and bp scoring for all PH levels, I wonder if anyone ever game tests at Midoki, or truly looks at balanced play. Or maybe they just like their local pub too much?

Fang and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I appreciate the fact that rumbles are designed to give all guilds equal advantage regardless of PH level, but I have to agree the advantages afforded to the lower PH levels may have extended beyond what was intended. We have been fortunate, as we have not yet encountered a guild manipulating this loophole to their advantage.

Fang likes this.
  12. So temped to react on that. But I would get cursed for lifetime :p

13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I guess that equal advantage was not an entirely accurate statement. What I meant was in a non-gemming battle, a guild ranked 734th with 50 people has equal advantage against the number 1 guild with 50 people. But yeah, in hindsight the statement sounds rather dumb :confused:

14. PTO Plunderer

PTO Plunderer Captain

We hit a guild with 24 people...no problem right? 4 mini bases put up over 6000 points between them. I'm all for competition but that's just nuts.

Fang likes this.
  15. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

I personally do not have a second account. However, have I let a member join with a lower PH? Yes, but this was only intended to showcase how having a limited number of attacks per rumble would create a fair platform for every guild.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  16. Fang

Fang First Mate

I've been sharing screenshots and trying to express the severe broken advantage a ph2 can have in rumbles ever since they first came out. Sure, the free gems are great, and my guild loves my twink account, but its broken and should be fixed asap.

Simple solution.
    PH1 max BP per battle = 4BP for a 3 star against an equal PH
    PH2 max BP per battle = 6BP for a 3 star against an equal PH
    PH3 max BP per battle = 8BP for a 3 star against an equal PH
    PH4 max BP per battle = 10BP for a 3 star against an equal PH
    PH5 max BP per battle = 12BP for a 3 star against an equal PH
    PH6 max BP per battle = 15BP for a 3 star against an equal PH
    PH7 max BP per battle = 18BP for a 3 star against an equal PH
    PH8 max BP per battle = 20BP for a 3 star against an equal PH

Edit: Why the difference based on PH level? Because it costs a LOT more time/resources for PH8 to train a decent army, compared to lower PH levels. In fact, with the above reward breakdown, it could be argued that ph1-4 bp rewards are still too high...

Raptelan likes this.
  17. ɬơཞɬųɠą

ɬơཞɬųɠą Powder Monkey

Wasn't my intention to blame anyone personally. Sorry for that. For me it was fairly clear, that a freshman couldn't compete like this PH2 guy did. Winning 200+ attacks takes more than 2 weeks experiencing the Game I think. Anyway. So we were "suffering" a showcase?! ;) Great. Feels much better now. :p

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.