The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. awbo

awbo Captain

I certainly won't spend gems, but I bought some gold ones because in my excitement about upgrading the fort and whatnot I forgot to leave a free builder :confused:

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Fun my ass, it's a bug fest, I can't even access my Fort as its upgrading, so stupid. I couldn't even use my pirate until late today when an attack let me briefly access the Fort, I then let him out of his cell. Wish I would have left the useless bugger to rot in his cell, I can tell you he'll be spending a lot of his time in there because I won't be using the useless pirate.

3. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Another thing is I've seen other players with a different pirate to the two that I got to chose from, why is this?

4. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Everyone got one who was the same and a random second one.

5. kiki_mabau

kiki_mabau Crew

Since the update

Have a four times force close

Fyuuh

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

I also bought both gold outfits, since I have way too many resources and my builders were full on the new stuff. They also make it harder to quickly identify which pirate you're facing. Sure its still easy to tell, but it makes it slightly harder since they look slightly different.

You can get the outfits for free, and you never need to buy chests either. You can farm the resources if you explore. I'd be more concerned about the BP cost on upgrades rather than the materials - to get all 12 pirates to max level its probably going to take close to 500k bp! But I imagine most people will just upgrade their favorite couple pirates.

Max level for a single pirate probably won't take too long or any gems if you're very diligent about always having your ship farming materials and come up with the most efficient way to do it. Keep in mind that the priestess upgrades in VH4 take two months to complete, nevermind previous levels if you weren't caught up. We're starting the pirates as if they were PH4 level. To catch any pirate up from PH4 level would take months of training. And this gives us something to do for months while they work on the next content update. It would be no fun if we could blow through every upgrade and finish it all in a week.

7. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Actually, Mack is PH4 material at the beginning and has an OP walking ability (he jumps into the air, uses his kraken arm as a hook and flies at like awesome speed. My WD cant even keep up:)

Isles dT, Edward Kenway and Skye like this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Excellent post

9. .MamaGoose.

.MamaGoose. Powder Monkey

Someone else mentioned the Majestic Ruby but didn't get a response. Does anyone know what these "Epic Materials" are for?!? I bought a chest for 400 gems and didn't get any rare materials, but did get epic ones: 10 exquisite diamonds and 11 majestic rubies. The info says they're for Blackbeard and Ching Shih. I only have Romeo Boomer right now, but at his highest level only rare materials are required for training him. So what the heck are Epic Materials for?!?? They're taking up 3 slots in my silo :(. What a waste of gems...

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

To train your pirates to certain levels require both a common and epic or rare material.

11. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea it was me who got the Majestic Ruby, it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the map so the only way to get it seems to be buying a chest with Gems.
    And my Silo is starting to fill up, I'm running out of shelf space, it will be a total waste if I have to delete things that I have actually bought to free up space, it's just silly giving us all these items when we have absolutely no way of using them. Not to mention that I have been sailing non-stop since the update & haven't got enough resources to upgrade McKraken even once, it's going to take years to fully upgrade all the Legand Pirates. We're not getting enough items for our sailing, for a 20hr sail I only got 2 items I was looking for & only 1 quantity of each, 1 Gunpowder & 1 Iron, for 20hrs, at that rate it'll take 4 days to do McKrakens first upgrade, let alone his next ones that require much much more.

12. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

A funny fact, i have more issues to get the common materials, than the rare ones....makes no sense imo.

850arrr and Edward Kenway like this.
  13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Same here, most of mine are Epic, Rare or Uncommon, I've been sailing for days & only gotten 1 Copper, at this rate I'll only start McKrakens first upgrade at the end of next week.

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

No material is pay only. Every material can be gained from exploration. Some are "chest only" but you can get them all from either a battered chest or a Davey Jones chest

15. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I just got 3 chests on my 20hr sail & not 1 item in any of them haha, nice to know that I'll be an OAP by the time I've upgraded any of them to max. Also the BP needed is crazy, nearly 40k for the Bomber guy alone, and now that we need other items we won't be getting as much BP from sails as before, as we were solely BP sailing in the past. Now we have to hit ships & others that don't pay out BP.

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

The best way I have found to get materials and BP is to do short repetitive trips. Keep them under 3 hours. A lot of my trips are 30-45 minutes. I currently have Mack and Boomer upgrading to lvl 5. So it's been working for me. Everyone i know that is doing long trips is having really bad rewards. Not to mention. In your 20 hour trip. I can hit 10-12 monsters. while you could hit maybe 6

850arrr likes this.
  17. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Great tip right there, thanks!

Bear likes this.
  18. Bear

Bear Commodore

No Problem!

19. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Another annoying change is the new GP range, they've pushed it forward but the damage area is the same, you can adjust it to a shorter range with less damage area. My problem is when I upgraded it I thought the +3 range was just being added to the current range but all they did was push it forward 3 spaces. I now have to redesign my base because the range is off, for gods sake add a middle range that's the same as the old GP range, I bloody hate having to move everything around, I can't even adapt my current layout, it will have to be changed as the new area is now pushed out of my base, I like the damage area to be within my walls.

STOP SCREWING WITH THINGS LIKE THIS, WE HAVE TO REDESIGN OUR WHOLE LAYOUTS BECAUSE OF SILLY CHANGES. We should at least have a choice of our old range, not two new totally different ranges.

20. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I also though they were doing something about the Mini players in the Rumbles, we are in a Rumble right now with 3 Guilds using Minis, we're actually in fourth place lolz, most of the guys in our guild aren't even bothering now, they're just hitting 315 bases & forfeiting, it's actually sad that it makes people not want to play, what's the point in burning through Gems against these Mini players? Nearly every Rumble we're in now have Minis, only shitty guilds use this tactic, it's really low.

Getting back to the GP range, it's really annoying, no other update since the game started forced us to redesign our base because of an upgrade to a defence weapon. ADD A MID RANGE TO THE GP THATS THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS LEVEL GROUND POUNDER PLEASE. And do it quick.