New ship has arrived - with the very same pirates again :(((

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gantorak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Dear Midoki,

I have been a faithful Plunder Pirate for nearly a year and have, for the most part, truly enjoyed the experience. I understand that bumps (bugs) along the digital road are to be expected and I have patiently plundered through them as you've fixed them. I have a lot of time and some money invested in my island and don't want to leave it anytime soon.

That being said, I'm a bit puzzled and frustrated by the decision to send out trade ships last Friday that had the exact same LPs as the LPs I, and everyone else acquired the very first week the trade ship docked at our islands.

I've acquired 4 of the available LPs and have two open cells (rooms) available in my fort awaiting more LPs and I have been slowly but steadily acquiring the items needed to upgrade them as soon as they arrive.

I understand that many players have not been plundering as long as I have, but I also know that veteran pirates like myself who are also guild captains form the leadership backbone of this pirating community. Therefore, please do not continue to make decisions that frustrate and perplex your veteran pirates.

Here are some simple ways to keep us from being tempted to mutiny and or leave the game altogether.

1. Since there are already six open cells available in the Legendary Fort, when the Trade Ship arrives on Friday, give us the ability to fill all six cells by sending us the LPs we currently have not acquired.

2. Fix the bizarre inequities that exist on the map. It is beyond frustrating to send our ships out to the furthest reaches of our maps to battle 5* ships and monsters and then be rewarded with a battered chest filled only with gold, grog, EP or BP.

The reason were sending those ships out is to acquire the items needed to upgrade our LPs and when on three or four successive day long expeditions we don't acquire ANY of the items we need, it really tempts us to delete the game off of our phones and tablets.

3. Would you please fix the AI on the Witch Doctor, or at least bring the old AI back? The WD is extremely expensive and slow to recruit and having the WD die early in a battle because he's standing right next to jugs and brutes taking splash damage is really really frustrating.

4. Would you please fix the AI on Annabelle Levaux? As much as I really like Levaux's legendary healing powers, I cannot for the life of me figure out why she would zoom across an island to "heal" a pirate that has taken no damage while ignoring those pirates in the thick of battle who need her healing powers.

I don't think I'm asking too much here and from what I've seen from other veteran pirates who post on these forums, my frustrations are shared by many others.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Christy, Bl00dBaTh and Tex like this.
  2. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I kinda think WD and Annabelle's AI issues even them out. Offense can be easy enough without completely negating their defenses. Coming from someone who has 2 WD, regularly and it eagerly awaiting Annabelle to finally land at my island. :/

Now a WD wandering off from big groups to cover 1 pirate on a lone outer island is ridiculous.

That bug where WD wouldn't take damage was a joke. No way in heck I want that mess back. I was annihilating islands I had no business defeating.

3. awbo

awbo Captain

Ok so for the record, same pirates again, so I only have four pirates, have not seen Blackbeard :(

Christy likes this.
  4. Mickster

Mickster Crew

Same as awbo.... Nothing new for the second week in a row !!!

Christy likes this.
  5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Same this week. Cornelius and Annabelle. Still no Blackbeard. LPs are a yawn fest. :(

6. sd619

sd619 Powder Monkey

Got two pirates that I already have here. I don't plan on spending any money on this game for the next few months. No reason to. The LP system is a joke. The only way to advance them is to spend massive amounts of gems on chests for the *chance* to get the right ingredients to train them up. Spending 18 hours on a journey to fight a five star monster *might* get you a rare piece of the needed recipe.

The biggest disappointment of the Legendary Pirates to me is the fact that their defensive buffs are in fact useless. In order to properly defend the legendary fort you'd have to sacrifice a lot of walls. So most people don't do it. The legendary fort, and it's defending pirate die usually in the first few seconds of a fight.

Midoki, not planning on gemming LP costumes, chests, or anything at this point. Until you make the game fun again I'll find something else to spend my time on.

It's pretty boring fighting L base after L base after L base and then having every other rumble ruined by some jerks running Mini bases. Hmm, nothing fun anymore with this game.

7. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

ornelius and Annabelle. At least i now have all the ones i knoW about but something new would have been good. Msurely must happen next week or two when fixed pirate has rotated through all the ones released.

8. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I think a lot of people are feeling this way. LPs are a dud. Ranking up is worthless (no one to fight). Rumble matchmaking has improved, but we keep getting the same opponents rumble after rumble. Just not enough people playing this game right now. Dying on the vine unless Midoki does something radical to change course.

Christy and Tex like this.
  9. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Okay it's a three-peet... Same flipping legends I've gotten since the beginning of the LP. Where the hell is Ching and Blackbeard??? this is totally. @$*!'d up I should have seen all the first six legends. I don't care there is one fixed and one random. the program should read what you have in your fort and not re supply them! Esp re supplying them 3 times!!!

All I would say is lame rollout Midoki. as of right now I'm not even going to bother getting anything to up grade what I have.

is this another result of the two boys in thier moms basement QA team?

Christy and Tex like this.
  10. Gantorak

Gantorak Powder Monkey

Cornelius and Annabelle have arrived so now I have five cells filled. Happy this week :) (and no, I never *wanted* two new pirates each week, I was simply unhappy with the non communication about this from Midoki's side)

So, new question: What's the plan with six cells for twelve legends? Will there be a fort update soon?

11. Gantorak

Gantorak Powder Monkey

For the record, currently I have Romeo, McKraken, Annabelle, Blackbeard and Cornelius.
    And due to full grog I even have bought one outfit for McKraken...

12. Tex

Tex Commodore

Another week getting the same pirates I already have. Still no Blackbeard for me either. I'm losing interest in this game for all the reasons stated above. The LP release has been a huge letdown. The fun of the game is going away. Sailing night and day is more boring than wall building too. I see many hardcore players of this game going inactive. Not sure how much longer I will stick with it if they don't make radical improvements. :(

Christy, Bl00dBaTh and Daddy P like this.
  13. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I got repeats on both islands I have too. Boo.

14. I have everyone but Blackbeard at this point. Still waiting...

15. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Here's a thought, maybe there won't be a fort upgrade, so if you want the other legends you will have to dump the ones you have now! So,far Midoki hasn't said there will be a fort for 12 legends. There is no locked level above three. Now this is just a thought... But I've seen no indications to the contrary. Has anyone seen a drop a legend button? and since it's called a trade ship can you see having to swap out legends you already have for the new ones? since it's called a TRADE! Ship. Usually that means to trade stuff. Maybe that's why we are getting the same LPs. Could it be Its set up that way you have to fill it so new ones show up. Just think you work like mad to upgrade a legend and then the part two shows up and you have to dump a high level legend for a level 1 legend, and maybe you used gems to get past a point.. As for me I'm not spending 1 single gem on any legend till I see what happens with part two roll out of the LPs. and seriously gems for character skins that do nothing!? It would be worth it if they upped an ability while they wear it. Even temporarily.

Come on Midoki @Lynsey [Midoki] tell me that this isn't what you plan. this lack of communication really blows at times

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  16. Eros@AU

Eros@AU Crew

Pretty sure Blackbeard will be the fixed LP for next week trade ship...

17. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Finally got Black Beard. That makes me a little happier.

The resource drop rate on the map has only gotten worse. 19 hour expeditions are barely dropping 2 resources and none of them are rare or epic. I'm pretty certain that it will take a year to upgrade my LPs to level 20 at this rate.

18. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Midoki has said there will be fort upgrades to hold all LPs.

19. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

No new LPs last week or this week for me.

20. Skye

Skye Commodore

I PMed @Beck [Midoki] and he confirmed that they will release new fort levels to accommodate the rest of the pirates. Only 6 will be available for now, and no more will be released until there's an update with new fort levels. There will always be a fort big enough to hold every available pirate.

I have posted many times in many threads that this has been confirmed, and I really wish there would be a more clear announcement somewhere because this seems to be a #1 concern people have, and its been answered yet, every FB post I see has questions about it only having 6 capacity. This shouldn't be something people are worrying about anymore, and the fact that this concern still comes up is indicative of a communication problem.