New ship has arrived - with the very same pirates again :(((

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gantorak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Max

Max Powder Monkey

Same pirates again. No Blackbeard. No buying gems.

cmooneey likes this.
  2. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Okay great, I haven't seen that info, was it linked here?

3. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

They will most likely release the next level Fort soon, in the next two weeks, probably next week, that way we will have enough time to upgrade it before the seventh LP arrives.

4. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

that would be great, except haven't seen the first 6 LPs

awbo, Alphafox and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Gantorak likes this.
  6. Skye

Skye Commodore

From my PM asking Beck about this the day Legendary Pirates were released:

[​IMG]

Enuthral likes this.
  7. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Thanks for setting it clear, Maybe Midoki should put more of an effort into telling what is happening. Yes there is a good thing in exploring the new stuff but at the same time people will hold back if they are not sure. and since this is such a big deal. there should have been more of an effort to get the word out with out us scrambling looking for that information.

Page one of the Big announcement was just a picture and we go live August 20th... Then nothing. Unless you went digging for it.

A mini players guide for LPs woulda been nice. If you digg thru the announcement Lyndsey answers questions that should have been front and centre on the announcement page!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Alphafox and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  8. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea so it seem everyone will have all LP before the rest are released, the only problem is being behind on upgrades, my Blackbeard is at lvl7, I could actually have him higher only I stopped working on him so I could concentrate on Mack, as both need Copper. So others could be 10 or more levels ahead by the time some people even get him. He does seem to be the easiest LP to do, as none of the rest of my LP are lvl7 & I got others much sooner. Annabelle seems to be the hardest to upgrade as there's only 2 targets on the map that pay out, the third one, the max star Kraken very pays me a Mask, ever.

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There's the Legendary Pirates FAQ in the FAQ section of the forum, which is also linked in-game. ;)

Skye, Bou Regreg, Gantorak and 2 others like this.
  10. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

First time, that trade ship had no new Legendary for me, but no issue at all. I think its the same for everyone that had bought every new pirate over the last weeks, so 5 different legendaries is the max for now.

11. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Thanks, the main issue is, that most folks are just to lazy to look for needed information, or even read 1 or 2 pages back in a thread. Its way easier to ask other to do the job or moaning about how "bad" Midokis communication is, which clearly isn t! I played a lot of other App games and Midoki, by far, has the best communication with their players.

12. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I

I see that it's but it's dated MAY 22! BUT it didn't answer the questions about, what the outfits do,or don't do. all it said it would make them look good? Didn't address the Fort levelling up and why you don't see a new locked level. Didn't talk about how the trade ship actually works. and there's been no update on it as far as I could see, it looks like a teaser info page.

This line makes no sense really. I quote

"One of the Legendary Pirate will be the same for the entire player base, and the other will be from varying selection, so not everyone's Trade boat will have the same contents. ".

what entire player Base? Everyone playing? And varying selection means to me at least one pirate I don't have!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

On outfits:

"What are Outfits?

Outfits are costumes for the Legendary Pirates. Some are rarer than others, and they add a visual twist to your favourite Legendary Pirates."

On the Fort:

"Can I dismiss Legendary Pirates? I'm worried that I won't have enough space!

Once you have purchased a Legendary Pirate, they take up permanent residence in your Fort. Don't worry though - a fully upgraded Fort will always have enough space to hold all of the currently available Legendary Pirates!"

On the Trade Ship:

"How do I buy Legendary Pirates?

Once you have built a Legendary Fort, the Trade Boat can come to your island. Once a week, the Trade Boat will visit your island for 48 hours. Selling rare and useful things, the Trade Boat will also often host two Legendary Pirates, who can be persuaded to join your crew if you pay them Battle Points, gold or grog."

One of the Legendary Pirates will be the same for the entire player base, and the other will be from varying selection, so not everybody's Trade Boat will have the same contents!

Each Legendary Pirate has a different price. Once you have bought a Legendary Pirate, they will be transferred to your Legendary Fort."

Admittedly the bit about the Trade Ship is a bit out of date, as it refers to it as a boat instead of a ship!

Skye likes this.
  14. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Lol why all the fuss? I got lucky first two weeks I got 4 out of 4 so I'm waiting for Black beard My Romeo Boomer is level 8 so not even halfway to max yet the others are level 5 surely less time spent complaining about what you didn't get should/could be spent on levelling those you have...

15. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Maybe I'm use to getting more information, to me it's still a teaser page, which hasn't been updated. If I had been in your marketing team, I would have updated it. Esp with what's been discussed here on the forum.

16. Gantorak

Gantorak Powder Monkey

Aha! Thanks, didn't understand that paragraph in that way, again, thanks a lot for clarification :)

17. Gantorak

Gantorak Powder Monkey

Thanks, I had not seen those posts

18. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

i like how users are comlaining on this forum about... garbage chests and drop rates, LP let-downs, totally trash trade ship setup, fort upgrading confusion, L bases galore, broken PHlvl BP (wow a lvl 1 base is better than lvl 9), unfair rumble matchups, Laughable LP fort defense, repeats repeats repeats, WD AI, annabelle AI, AI, stamina loss on a PR dropping attack, and finally BAD COMMUNICATION.

and how does midoki respond? a vague copy-pasta answer without adressing a single comcern brought up. that FAQ is a JOKE.

@midoki you can't actually think people like being in the dark, dealing with horrible randomness, or being punished for advancing in the game. congrats, i really like(d) this game, but if the other 6 come out randomly like the first 6 LP, and material drops are still so random and horrible, you will see a huge drop in players.

19. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

@pkrhett did you again get the same pirates that have already been offered to you?

20. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

yes along with many repeat outfits. (outfits aren't a huge deal, but i would buy more if i didnt already own every gold/grog one offered.) i have soo much BB/ching mats it is becoming a gold idol silo.

just takes the excitment i have on friday morning and crushes it each week. next week ill probably get BB and a repeat, and have to wait another week for ching (if she even arrives?)