New ship has arrived - with the very same pirates again :(((

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gantorak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

another dumb question about Ching. It's been three weeks, That means the random pirate is selected from two. So you have had a one in 6 chance to get her... Has anyone gotten Ching? If she hasn't shown up to anyone it not a randomly selected LP. Midoki decides which one is going to be the supposed random one. so it's NOT!!!!! a random selection. so that blows that line outta the waters,,, why do I have a feeling she's being put off as long as possible because ppl will concentrate on her than upping levels with. Loser apeman ie a brute who throws stuff...and the Romeo the remake of the Bomberman, they sure didn't take much thought.... Of the first four, the only two that show some originality. Are McCracken and Anna.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Skye

Skye Commodore

Currently it seems that every week's random pirate is a random selection out of two choices.

Week one the fixed pirate was Mack and the random pirate was Romeo or Cornelius
    Week two the fixed pirate was Annabelle and the random pirate was Cornelius or Blackbeard
    Week three the fixed pirate was Romeo and the random pirate was Blackbeard or Mack
    Week four the fixed pirate was Cornelius and the random pirate was Annabelle or Blackbeard?

Now everyone has definitely had a chance to have Mack, Annabelle, Romeo, and Cornelius. Blackbeard is the only LP that anyone might be missing, but they've had three chances at him so far. he will probably be next weeks fixed pirate, meaning everyone will have had a chance at all 5 current LP. Everyone has a chance at everything, its just that if you roll the same random pirate twice, you might be a week or two behind - this isn't a huge deal, just wait, they're garbage at the start anyways and if you want you can farm their materials and level them up five times right when you get them :)
    I've been saving all of my chests until I have Ching and only using the materials I find directly from exploration, and I have no silo storage problems since I only target the materials I currently need, and have had no problems leveling them up so far (a 1-2hr boat to the closest targets that drop what you need, sent 10 times a day, really adds up - don't go for the 5* monsters unless you absolutely need that rare material right then!)

Also Blackbeard is the hardest and most expensive to level up (Exquisite Diamonds are chest only and he requires double the BP of anyone else), and he's probably the worst offensively at the beginning. He's very slow at the start, his two bodyguards only have about 100hp each and aren't affected by training ground and do almost no damage, and his ability does almost nothing and stuns everyone by him for a long time. He soaks up a moderate amount of damage but still dies fairly easy compared to anyone else given his slow speed - he's half dead by the time he makes it to a building. His one benefit is each attack he makes hits the target twice, so he can destroy things somewhat faster if he manages to make it to them.

Pirate Christian likes this.
  3. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

It still comes down to not releasing All 6 LPs They should have had a release date for each pirate. and why double up or triple up The random selection! Because a it's the same. people want Ching and as others have said I'm saving stuff for her! and Midoki knows it, so let's throw the tossers at the players. and pretend we aren't!

Prove me wrong, looking at the above, that means week 6 will show Ching! Like I said post release dates for the Pirates and you will eliminate the disappointment being generated.

AT a guess. Next week will be Blackbeard fixed selection. Mack and Romeo as the randoms since Mack and Romeo have only been randoms once each.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  4. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

the only problem with this is... 1. having more LP allows you to use an LP in more raids and swap between weaker ones when defending.

2. the time and mats for upgrading are only visible once you own the pirate (makes sense) but this means idk how much copper/silver/exquisite i need for BB and nobody knows what ching needs. (i go for battered chest constantly, only killing 1-3 stars in the day with a long voyage at night) and i have no idea if i should get 2x more copper tahn silver. equal ammounts. etc. waiting 3 extra weeks to find out is just silly imo.

3 when the 6 other release, they wont know who has the original 6, so all 12 will constantly be random (1 fixed). could take someone 6 weeks or 6 months (longer if they missed one on accident while on vaca/away) to get all 12

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

1. Yes that's true, but how often do you have all of yours resting? Its rare that all LP will be resting so you should usually have at least one that has stamina still. Even when I gem 50 attacks for a rumble and get attacked plenty of times, I still usually have one or two at full stamina at the end. But I guess if you're a consistently heavy player this could be an issue.

2. Bear has a list of upgrade costs in the Legendary Pirate guide, and updates it the day any new LP are released, so if you don't get it, at least you'll be able to check the upgrade costs when that happens.

3. With 1 fixed pirate a week, it should take at most 6 weeks to get all 6. When the next 6 are released, it will probably take 6 weeks to get the other 6 in the worst case. Some people might be lucky and get all 6 before then, but within 6 weeks you should have had the option to get all of them. Some people just got that option early. But you'll never be completely screwed - you just might be unlucky and have to wait for the fixed release for that pirate, which should be at most 6 weeks, and will likely be less. Also, Midoki can easily check how many people are missing each LP. Plenty didn't have Cornelius yet due to random draws, so they made Cornelius this weeks fixed pirate, and now everyone has Cornelius. The only released pirate anyone might be missing is Blackbeard, who will probably be next week. This is a worst case scenario of waiting 3 weeks to get an LP if you weren't lucky, with a decent chance of getting it earlier.

6. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Spot on Skye I was lucky I had 4 after two weeks only one I'm missing is Black beard I'm not too fussed as I have been levelling up boomer.. You can't level all at once... So why shout when you haven't got all of them... My only wish is you could set your favourites that you use most to rest rather than wait 24 hours other than that I find it fun fishing/ hunting for what you need etc and you very soon collect other items along the way

HunterToan, Skye and Ian like this.
  7. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

1. i use my LP for many small/solo plunders. they each have strong suits and i can easily use up my 4 and have a day of waiting. LP can be a HUGE advantage in many areas if used correctly so every single one helps.

2. players do a great job organizing information, but they shouldn't have to. i can go to my AC/VH and look all the way down a pirates skill tree regardless of the AC lvl. LP should be similar in atleast letting me know the mats

3. player-base before the update will be able to get the other LP in 6 weeks. however new players and players reaching higher fort LVL will not. if a player has 1 slot, and grabs set pirate #1 but cant get #2 next week due to PH or fort LVL, thats a possible 11 weeks just for #2.

how about someone with 3 slots, fort upgrading to 6. they see #x on trade and really want that LP, however thay have no space until the upgrade, so they decide next week they'll grab him. so TS after TS after TS comes and they just don't see #x. they've been saving that last slot, 5/6, watching other LP pass by. they finally get #x, but now when they reach 6/12 the process starts over. the LP they let pass by last week won't come back for 11 weeks and luck could certainly keep them from seeing the LP on TS for months. (midoki has an eye on the LP, as you stated they handed out corn becuase many players DIDN'T get him. so what about when they aren't watching in detail? some players are going to have a silo with 200 BB materials and have to wait months to spend them)

3 is my main concern and why i find the LP's randomness (don't even get me started on 4-5* drops) a big problem with 2.0. take your hands of the LP midoki (it could be simple!) and put some effort into addressing concerns repeated constantly by PP players.

love this game, hate the glaring simple problems

8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I've spent $24 on the game, and intend to treat myself to more. Each week, I spend approx. 1000 on 1/2 outfits, and the rest as backup if my guild faces a larger one (pulled off 200BP last night)

9. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Sorry to bump this off track a little, but how should I get BP????

10. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

well sea battles (bigger fish/serphent) used to be the BP/EP farming method from all the posts ive seen.

now however the battle give BP less often. i've been making BP by doing quick 1-2hr voyages with as many 1-3* fights (7+ each voyage). this gives alot of battered chests. you can get alot of BP from the bat chests. i got 550BP as a single reward once. i made about 25K in 2 weeks with this method.

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

You used to be able to get 26k in 10 days farming fish. And that's taking longer trips, so less work on you than a bunch of short trips.

12. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

the sea battles far away just don't give BP like before 2.0. i know 2K is still a confirmed drop, but it's alot more rare now. :(
    the short trips are really useful tho, i barely lose any pirates so i can keep sending them without much pause, and the BP gain is pretty easy. 3* can also drop davy chests (really they do alot more than 4-5*), which in-turn gives more mats. :D i find it kills 2 birds with 1 stone. BP farming and material farming. (gives EP too, but idgaf about EP) :D

i haven't spent a gem and all my LP are LVL6-7 (yeah it's not the greatest, but it made them strong enough to be very viable)

13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

What I'd really love to see added is the ability to recruit ship crew from the map page, not through the Tavern, it's really annoying as I usually end up with a HG left that I have to then send off in the ship. Or what happens lately is I automatically press the recruit all crew button after the battle, I did this 3 times in a row yesterday haha. If you press the crew button on the ship then, as you have crew being made you lose out on half the grog you just spend (200k in my case). It would be so much easier to just recruit separately from your regular crew, from within the map page would be great.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  14. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Midoki have previously confirmed that they will be separating exploration (ship) crew & attack (tavern) crew in the future :) ...as yet they have not said WHEN this will be made available. :(

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  15. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Trade ship arrived with Mack McKracken and Romeo Boomer. (already have both)

I call that a 1 year anniversary fail for Midoki. The Legend who should have been released today on Midoki's anniversary was Ching Shih.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  16. sd619

sd619 Powder Monkey

Same two pirates here too for the second week in a row. Time to visit the app store.

17. bucket

bucket First Mate

I did get ching shih. Guess I was lucky. She has 25 levels of upgrades and cost over a million gold and 3000 bp. She has one outfit that cost a whopping 10,000 gems! Still has the get over here special ability.

18. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Mack and Blackbeard here, but I had to pass on them before cause I didn't have space. Wanted Ching, but I needed both of them so...

19. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Prove it

20. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

She was. As in the random category. She should have been in the picked category